Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sneak Peek of Arlie's Room

The last few weeks have been so so much fun. Brian and I have been looking in tons of baby magazines and home decorating books to figure out what we were going to do with our baby girls room!! Well after months of talking about it .. we finally painted it! Or should I say Brian painted it. he hates painting and would not let me lift a finger.. he wanted to do it all .. it was so cute I would come home from work and he would have the door locked and would not let me see it till It was finished. Do I have the best husband or what? Then after about a week he let me in and i GOT TO SEE IT! I love her room so much .. Good job babe..


Now that the room is painted we can start with the decor! I got this cute shelf for free .. used the left over paint from the room and painted it pink.. got 2 knobs from Hobby Lobby for 3 bucks each and hung it up! Total cost 6 bucks.. I love it.. The colors are light pink cream and little brown and white, the whole idea is a cute shabby chic vintage room.. you know just my style.. so now on to the furniture!!


SO things that I have left to get for the room.....

1 Crib.. kinda important... i want one from craigslist so I can paint it to match the room

2 Chandelier... very IMPORTANT.. to hang over the crib

3 Dresser... some thing want to get on old one and change the knobs

4 Pillows for the cute chair i GOT.. ( will post later after finished )

5 Curtains

6 Bedding

7 Rug

I think that's it you Mommas out there let me know if Im missing anything that I will need!! Im so so excited for her to get here! ( Brian is too ) The other night I couldnt find him and he was sitting in her room in the chair .. I walked in and was like ?? ah babe are you ok?? He was like ya.. I just want her to be here already.. so so sweet.. I heart him. ) Im 27 weeks and she is moving around like crazy ...Its crazy to think that next week I will be 7 months !! where did all the time go???

6 comments:

  1. I love it! You guys are going to be the sweetest parents:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The room looks so good!!! I love it! I can't wait to see your baby too! She is going to love having such awesome parents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable!! i need you to come to my house and decorate:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I am so in love with that room. What a lucky little girl! Are you going to get a changing table? Thats my only suggestion. I didnt care about them but my husband really wanted one and Im glad we ended up getting one. Try finding a dresser that can double as a changing table, that worked for us really well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute!! You guys did a great job!

    ReplyDelete